We welcome self-referrals. If you need our support, contact us:
- Give us a call on 01271 328915
- Email us on [email protected]
- Send us a message on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter @SunriseDevon
We accept referrals from voluntary and statutory services, and organizations. Please contact us to make a referral using the contact details above.
Who We Support
Sunrise offer a free and confidential support service for people aged 18+ living in North Devon and Torridge who are:
- from an ethnically diverse background
- migrants (EU and non EU)
- refugee and asylum seekers
- people who identify as LGBTQ+
If you aren't sure if you are eligible, please contact us here.
What To Expect From Us
- We are professional, confidential, and non-judgmental. We listen and work with you to find the best solution for you.
- We are an independent charity and work with other services to get the best support and help for you.
- We will make an action plan with you.
- We will tell you about Sunrise English classes, activities and events
... when I look back and think how hard my situation was for me... I didn’t know who to contact what to say, what help I could get but you helped me though all of that...
It's an absolutely brilliant service for people like me and my son. I feel very supported and very happy. I'm in a very different place from last summer thanks to the support from Sunrise
Why You May Need Our Help
- English not your first language
- Hard to understand the UK systems such as benefits, schools, doctors
- You are experiencing poverty or low income
- You are lonely or isolated
- You have health issues including addictions
- Someone has treated you badly or is treating you badly – domestic abuse
- You have been a victim of a crime
Sunrise works with multiple partners to provide support that allows their clients to know their legal rights, claim benefits, learn English, and navigate all of the problems that marginalised communities face. Sunrise has provided our mutual clients with a sense of stability, solutions, and has helped to maintain their welfare. Without Sunrise, there are many people locally who would be suffering great hardship, poverty, anxiety, and depression. So, in my experience as a partner with Sunrise, I can see that they are an invaluable support to the local community.